Monday 17 February 2014

Sun protection for your hair




Being originally from Gauteng most of my childhood beach memories are from visiting the sea waters in Durban which easily reach temperatures of 26 degrees. The golden sands feels like soft stones on your feet, the waves are rough and the water is welcoming. I would often visit there winter time in my mid-year holiday when everywhere In South Africa was bitterly cold besides for Durban. I could spend my entire day just splashing in the sea.

.
Moving to a new city with a beach was thrilling to me as I had always enjoyed the water. Cape Town’s coastlines are striking with its white soft silky sand and its clear picturesque waters.  A walk on the seaside can take you a million miles away from any stress. I find myself lost in space and allowing thoughts to flow with ease just watching the waters current. It is a place of serenity and pleasure. Expected temperature levels of the Capes waters are around 15 degrees. A dip in the ocean and my toes go numb, I had never imagined that the water could be that icy. I am in awe of those brave enough to bathe in those waters
A typical beach day to me is packing my picnic basket with a few snacks, frozen water, towels, an umbrella, a picnic mat, sunblock, flip-flops, sunglasses and my must have sun hat. Just as sunscreen is important for your body, your hair too needs protection from the harsh UV rays as it can fade out colour, frizz and dehydrate your hair. 
Love your locks by protecting it

Wear your sun hat when you are not swimming to protect your skin and your hair.

Before heading out to the beach or the poolside I suggest applying a leave in conditioner to protect your hair.

Those of you that have blonde hair should take extra precautions to prevent your natural oils from being stripped away and  your hair turning to green. If anything goes wrong play it safe and go to a salon.

Regardless of your hair type carry a little conditioner with you and rub it over your dry hair just before taking that dip into the water to form an additional layer to shield your hair from absorbing salt water or chlorine.

If your hair has gotten a brassy tone from the water apply a little baking soda to your shampoo to neutralize it.












1 comment:

  1. Sun want to damage our hair so i like your content and share about sun protection hair. I appreciate your service:
    http://www.shielo.com/hair-styling/hair-sun-protection.html

    ReplyDelete